2/09/2007

Things are getting better in Guadalajara, I think. Despite finding out this week that customs forgot to stamp my passport and that it might be a real problem in the coming days in getting my visa registered, things are becoming a bit more relaxed. I am meeting new people, reading an excellent book in Spanish about World War II, and am planning on doing some hiking at a nearby canyon this weekend or next. I will also be signing up for a class on Mexican cooking here shortly.

That said, I still do miss some things that some may find silly, such as peanut butter in large jars. It is very hard to find peanut butter here and the only place I've been able to find it is at Super Wal-Mart and even then, they are only in very small jars. So, even though Wal-Mart is a 30 minute walk each way, I will go out of my way to go there to stock up on peanut butter and Quaker Oat Squares, my all-time favorite cereal. I cannot do without my peanut butter and Quaker Oat Squares. It is amazing what one will do for food.

No hay comentarios: