1/27/2007

Mullet

I went for my first haircut in Guadalajara yesterday. My fellow IMBAer and friend, Kate, went with me. I was going for something sexy and chin-length and had picked out a photo I liked in the salon. Well, then the lady started cutting away. I guess with my terrible command of the Spanish language, I wasn't very good at explaining what I wanted because she cut and cut, mostly in the front, and pieces here and there in the back. It wasn't long before I realized I had a SERIOUS MULLET!!! We tried to explain that we wanted the back cut off but she still kept cutting in the front. By the time she came to understand, my hair was now ear-length. It has been hard to get used to the look, as I look very different than I did before. I suppose it will grow back and (hopefully) be shoulder length by August when I return to Columbia. Kate and I can't stop laughing when we think of this and it'll probably remain a funny story for a long time.

Also last night, I hosted my first Mexican fiesta with my roommates. It was a great time and a lot of the IMBA class came and got to meet some of the Mexican students at Tec de Monterrey, where we study. The cops even came because the music was too loud! That said, I'll probably be looking for another place when I start my internship here on May 1. While living with the students has been interesting for sure, I am finding it very challenging because they are undergrads and much younger. I think I might prefer roommates who are young professionals closer to my age or a little older who go for the wine and dinner parties over the wild and crazy ones. I love the neighborhood that Kate lives in...very electic and artsy and more my style and I can see me being very happy there.

3 comentarios:

David dijo...

Since Anand got the first comment, I can only ask that you post a picture of this marvelous haircut pronto.

If I remember correctly, terminar or suspender means to stop. Hope those words come in handy next time the butcher takes hold of your hair:)

Natalie dijo...

but of course...a small group of us are going to a small beach community on the Pacific side this weekend, and hope to get some pics then. Otherwise, it isn't really that bad and the initial shock is wearing off. Even James said today "Natalie, the bulldike is growing on me." :)

Christopher dijo...

Hehehe. Almost threw me off with the Spanish links to comment on your blog. Thanks for sending me your blog list. I've added it to my subscriptions and the list of blogs I'm including in the All IMBA blogs list. Hopefully, I'll get that out this week.